Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Baby, it's cold outside ❇ ❄ ❇

Just like the title says, it is freezing here tonight, 7° to be exact! 

Staying warm inside gave me time to make this little project tonight:




Again, credit where it's due: http://www.thelovelycupboard.com/2011/11/my-metallic-mantle-and-olde-world.html had a really cute mantle theme, and I just loved the lighted canvas idea!

I didn't really see a tutorial, but it looked pretty self explanatory, so I just jumped in.
 
I started with an extra canvas I had lying around, a pencil, and a paint marker. 

Drew the words out then traced them with paint.
What's a cute winter project without a few snowflakes?

Then I made holes at random points on the rest of the canvas.  I grabbed the first sharp tool in the drawer, a corkscrew, but you could use whatever works best. 
I used a small string of Christmas lights and poked them through the holes from the back of the canvas.

Make sure your puncture holes aren't too far apart so the lights have room to reach from one to the next.













It's a really cute concept, and very easily customizable.  Different colored lights, different sayings, even painting the canvas beforehand to give it a different look!

I love when a project turns out to be simple and and go smoothly!


*Kailey

No comments:

Post a Comment