Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Naptime crafts

 
Yesterday Emma Jane and I made plans to go see her daddy for lunch. As I waited for him to text me and say to come over we decided to do some shopping. Happy to say all daddy's Christmas shopping is done and I made myself a Christmas present hehe. 
I always see really cute wreaths on Pinterest and I was going to follow one idea but after going to buy the fabric for the flowers or  to buy fake flowers this project was headed to a out of budget craft that I was not looking for. 
I went ahead and got the main pieces and came home for Emma Jane's nap and started something I thought looked so much easier than it was. 

I super clued the starting piece. I hope that was the right choice. This being new to me I had no idea and then the part that took me a few minutes to figure out was the wrapping.   
This is why I don't knit or crochet, I normally stick with sanding furniture but my front door needed some love! I stuck with it for a couple hours and before I knew it I was finished! And also during that time Emma Jane ended up taking a 3 hour nap!
I still had no idea how to dress up the wreath and ponder a few ideas all night knowing I wasn't going to spend a lot of money on this project. I finally decided to look around the house for inspiration and came upon the Christmas tree. I grabbed a few bulbs and saw this piece come to life! 
Now I couldn't use my bulbs because they are very old and from Germany, my heart would shatter if one of them fell off the wreath and broke in a million pieces. So I headed off to the amazing dollar store and got all four of these bulbs for....
You guessed it! One dollar:) 
And I can careless if one of these break and will trot back down to the awesome dollar store and buy more. 

So now that I am stepping out of my comfort zone of bigger projects and doing smaller ones as well, be prepared for more blogging from....
-kristina 

No comments:

Post a Comment